In November, our friend Beth Kirby of Local Milk spent a weekend at Hudson Woods, you might recall her photography tour of the model house. While at Hudson Woods, Beth toured some of the towns in the area and created a quick weekend guide to upstate New York. You can see the recommendations below and see the full article on her Local Milk website here: http://localmilkblog.com/2017/03/upstate-new-york-…
- WM Farmer & Sons -William Farmer & Sons is a hotel and restaurant in Hudson. The food is fresh and the space is intentionally designed to fit the beautiful bones of the historic boarding house. Grab some oysters & a craft cocktail for sure.
- Fern Handcrafted Furniture – Inspired by Scandinavian designs, Fern incorporates the natural landscapes of the Hudson Valley in making their clean, simple pieces. Their showroom is in downtown Hudson and is open by appointment during the week and during the afternoons on weekends.
- Talbott & Arding – Talbott & Arding is the place to stock up on groceries. They’re stocked with products from local farmers and artisans, and they make delicious prepared foods. The perfect place to gather your provisions for your stay in the Valley.
- Red Chair Antiques – With a beautiful collection of French, Swedish, and Belgian pieces, this antiquary is a must visit.
- Gaskin’s – A modern bistro started by a couple hailing from some of New York City’s most celebrated establishments over the past decade, Gaskin’s menu is a mingling of the City’s gastronomic expression and the valleys agricultural richness. Definitely worth a stop.
- Suarez Family Brewery – Suarez Family Brewery opened in the summer of 2016 and is already making a name for itself. Focusing on Pilsner and mixed fermentation beers, there are always a range of options to choose from at their tasting room.
- Phoenicia Diner – The classic roadside diner. But with locally sourced ingredients. Get the biscuits and gravy. Or anything for that matter. This is not a spot to be missed; definitely make a stop (or three) here.
- Brunette Wine Bar – A cute, little “la cave du vin” in the valley. A small but meticulous wine list pairs well with an ever rotating menu of light dishes.
- Migliorelli Farm Stand – Migliorerai Farm Stands are family run and spread out around the Hudson Valley. The farm was started in 1933 and boasts a large variety of fruits, vegetables, and local homemade products.
- Kingston Wine Co. – Kingston Wine Company has both a brilliant wines & cider selection and a friendly staff keen on helping you try the best of upstate as well as elsewhere. Opened by Michael and Theresa Drapkin, the two have combined their collective expertise for wine and design to craft a truly exceptional experience. You get the feeling of old world connections to the soil and the vine mixed with of a new world appreciation for local food and beverage.
- Hops Petunia Florist – An art director turned florist, Kelli Galloway offers an array of local, seasonal flowers while curating a hand selected, Japanese inspired shop.
- Clove & Creek – A home good store specializing in handmade, artisan products from all over the US.
- Montgomery Place Orchards – Upstate New York has a long tradition of apple orchards and Montgomery Place Orchards takes great pride in preserving that tradition. They grow apples they believe are representative of the region and prefer quality and variety over quantity.
- Minnewaska Lake – Minnewaska Lake offers beautiful views & walks perfect for an afternoon respite.
- Mohonk Preserve – The vast canopy of wild forest and myriad rock formations make Mohonk Preserve a favorite for hikers, climbers, and sightseers alike. It is representative of the majestic beauty of the Hudson Valley and protects 8,000 acres of mountain ridges, forests, fields, streams, ponds, and other unique and beautiful places.